Impatience is not a virtue. When was the last time you waited for something? And started to get impatient? that annoying stationary period starting to get on your nerves, driving you up the wall.
Perhaps the most common waiting period which brings frustration upon us is when the waiter does not bring the food you ordered on time. Hunger combined with waiting can yield damaging results. Another common one is traffic jam. When I was a kid, I used to wonder when they would invent flying cars, so you could just happily hover over other cars. Then I learnt about helicopters. Apparently you need to be super rich to own one.
Recently, I found myself in situations where all I did was wait. Half my life, I’ve wasted sleeping, and for the other half, waiting has contributed generously to my wonderful life of nothing. Here are some dreadful waiting periods I’ve encountered in life (still am).
1. Waiting for the lift with several other people. (Don’t know if the problem is the lift or the people)
2. Pick a token and wait until you are called to the counter. And you just realise there are 50 more tickets before you’re called.
3. Have a bad fever, came to see doctor and you are made to wait in a room full of coughing and sneezing fellow patients. Each patient seems to take an hour, but when your chance comes, the doctor diagnoses and prescribes in 5 minutes.
4. Waiting for youtube videos to buffer.
5. The long wait to board an aircraft after check-in. (Applicable if travelling alone)
6. That 30 second wait after you switch on Aquaguard and wait for the light to turn green.
7. Back in school, waiting for that class to get over. Snails move faster than the hands on the clock.
8. Remember waiting for the audio cassette to rewind on your stereo set?
9. Oh and the microwave minute, legend has it that it is longer than a clock minute.
10. Those bloody TV commercials.
11. Waiting for public transport when the weather is too hot, and you need to pee badly.
12. The jack ass friend who never turns up on time.
13. Waiting in queue at an ATM.
14. Just pray that you have no business in any Indian Government offices. If you have a case in the court, then God bless you.
15. “The number you are trying to reach is currently busy, please try again later”.
16. Last but not the least, waiting for a miracle to happen, no one makes you wait like God.