There are spirits, good and evil. Then there are also things that have never walked the earth. Hateful demonic forces.
Houses may be haunted, people may be possessed. You’re sitting there watching a horror movie, and the folks in the movie keep doing stupid things in spite of knowing something is wrong, for instance, hear a giggling noise at night when you are alone and go out to explore, walk into the basement alone holding nothing but a candle, know that the house is haunted but live in denial. We’ve seen it all. Here are some signs that tell you “GTFO”.
1. If the new house you’ve moved into is cold at all times, even with the heater fully blown up. It means there is a presence.
2. If you hear strange noises at night like the floor creaking, doors opening and shutting by themselves, check the windows, if it still happens with them closed, something is wrong.
3. If your pets act strange and keep barking at empty spaces, it is only because they see something you cannot. Dogs especially. They might even refuse to enter the house.
4. If you keep getting headaches, back pain, body pain, bruises and don’t remember from where, just letting you know that you might be a suitable body for the spirit to possess you.
5. Smell of something rotten comes and goes implies someone was left there for the dead.
6. If a member of the family is acting weird, scratching head at most times, keeping a straight face and gives you the look, you better call a priest.
7. Things catch on fire, objects found in odd places when you know you didn’t place them there and the piano plays by itself guarantees the presence of something evil.
8. Evil spirits are manipulative. They make you see things you want to see, raise your curiosity. Don’t fall for it. It’s a trap.
9. Listen to your senses when you enter a house. If your head feels claustrophobic, something is wrong. The stronger the evil force, the more splitting your headache gets.
10. For heaven’s sake, if young kids say they have an imaginary friend, don’t take it lightly. They are seeing the dead.
11. Clocks that stop ticking, the feeling of someone watching you, sudden goosebumps for no apparent reason, unusual smells (pleasant and bad), light bulbs blowing, cold spot in just one corner of the room, strange dreams are all signs.
12. An artifact keeps appearing before you to pick up. Maybe a necklace, bracelet, earring. Don’t wear it. It might be one of the dead one’s and might possess you through it.
13. When you know something is wrong, take action. Don’t act like a hero. You’ll end up in a mental asylum.